Sunday, January 24, 2010

An Amazing Day!

This past Friday I attended the National March for Life walk in Washington DC. What an amazing day. I attended the event with Fr. David Durkee and other members of Queen of Heaven parish and the Pro life National Youth Congress. Needless to say, I was on a charted bus full of teenagers. I have not done anything like that in a long time and it was a lot of fun.

At the rally prior to the walk I was inspired by several things. First of all this was my first march and I could not believe the sea of people who came from all over the country to attend this event in late January. Second of all, there were so many youth present. They were so much fun and shared their enthusiasm was contagious. The hope of our future is in our youth and I saw that first hand.

On Wednesday before I left for DC, I phoned in to the Gus Loyd Show on the Catholic Channel. The conversation centered on the election of Scott Brown to the United State Senate from the state of Massachusetts. In the midst of the GOP celebration, I learned he was a moderate on pro life issues among other things. During my call, I expressed my concern that conservatives should have to always elect GOP moderates as the lessor of two evils when presented with a liberal democrat and a moderate republican. I realize as in this special election that there are times this is necessary, but what unnerved me on my phone call was that callers after me said there was no way a pro life candidate is electable. Talk about being stumped, I could not believe what I was hearing.

After attending the March for Life in DC, I believe there are pro life candidates who do not have to compromise their views and are electable. Face it GOP if you think your moderate, middle of the road approach to electing candidates is going pull off the next Presidential election then you are brain dead. Conservatives are done with that and furthermore, will not tolerate that any longer. Get with the program and wake up.

God Bless,

Scott Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment