Thursday, August 19, 2010

Today Marks the end of the Iraq War - Why does it feel so anticlimatic?

Today Marks the end of the Iraq War - Why does it feel so anticlimatic? I said to Melissa this morning, "Well today the Iraq War is over" as we drank morning coffee. Melissa said, "Yea, and our son is dead..."

It's a sobering thouhgt, but I cannot let it end there. I just can't. Heath lived his dream and became a Marine. He was such a handsome, kind hearted, intelligent and interesting person. He loved God, his family and his country with his whole heart. I am so proud of him.

I am praying for a safe return for all our troops, but I am so sad. Congratulations to all our troops, I am proud of all of you! It's the end of Operation Iraqi Freedom. God Bless America,

No comments:

Post a Comment