Sunday, April 28, 2013

Resced Horses Update - One Week Down and Three Weeks to go from Quarantine

I can't believe I am turning into a farm boy. I learned new things like horses eat hay not straw and they lay in straw. I had many laughs over my first post. OK-the only thing about me that is even close to being a farmer is I have a Lands End Barn Coat, but then again many people would never know I have tats, so I am always full of fun surprises and stories.

I have spent many days out visiting with my new friends. Often, I just sit and journal and occasionally talking with them and feeding them treats. My goal is they will begin to trust me and we will become friends. Growing up I have been afraid of horses so this is all new to me.

Physically, the horses are already looking much better. They love hay, grain and water and I am sure they love being protected and in safe stalls. Their ribs are becoming less visible and I am starting to see  new hair growing back on their bodies.

Last night, Melissa and I went out to visit the horses together. I asked if I could go into the stalls and groom the horses. I started with my buddy, Courage. I loved coming his mane, brushing him down and trying to work on his tail. That poor tail is just a mess. It is a four foot dreadlocks. I am going to save that tail - strand by strand. Courage loves when I talk to him and will rest his head on my shoulder.

Hope is just beautiful. She is a classy lady and full of love. I groomed her next. She was more interested in " I want to groom Heath Bar since he has been watching me love on the other two."
She was "Scott just come over here and stand right here and I don't want you to move." She just wanted him to get used to me in his stall.  Well as I flipped my self over he came right and was gointg to bite my hind end...he wanted nothing to do with me...lol. Needless to say there was no grooming for Heath Bar. All in due time.

What I can tell you is I an blessed to have these new friends, Courage, Hope and Heath Bar. They are just like broken people...our love will heal them back and their love will heal us. Can't wait to see what happens this upcoming week.

Pax Voscium (Peace Unto You),

Scott



No comments:

Post a Comment